Alliance Executive Summit combines practicality with political advocacy...
The 2019 Alliance Executive Summit, scheduled for September 23-25 at the Liaison Hotel on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, combines six compelling workshops designed by and for fraternal CEOs and senior executives with an afternoon of congressional visits for those C-suite leaders to educate federal lawmakers on the invaluable contributions fraternals make to our economy and our society. And this year, for the first time ever, we’ll be conducting the Alliance’s Annual Business meeting where members will elect representatives to the Board of Directors and consider proposed amendments to the organization’s Constitution.
It’s a jam-packed 48-hours beginning on the afternoon of Monday, September 23 and concluding at noon on Wednesday, September 25. Invitations have been sent to the CEOs of every Alliance member society, and as many as three senior executives from each member may attend. Sponsorships for the Summit are extremely limited (and were sold out months ago) so that our member society executives can conduct meaningful discussions with their peers in an intimate setting and can spend quality time with the handful of associate members that are committed to the success of their fraternal clients and the Alliance itself.
Program topics and speakers include:
- Cybersecurity and Compliance: What You Need to Know and How to Plan for This Major Business Risk – David Kane, CEO, Ethical Intruder
- Nurturing a Culture of Innovation with Limited Resources – Brent Williams, Founder and CEO, Benekiva
- Making Competition Among Rating Agencies Work for You – Kevin Marti, CEO, Gleaner Life Insurance Society; Lisa Bickus, CEO, National Catholic Society of Foresters; Bill O’Toole, CEO, Catholic Financial Life; Andrew Edelsberg, Managing Director – Insurance, KBRA, moderator
- Political Forecast: How the 2020 Elections May Impact the Financial Services Sector – Joyce Meyer, Executive Vice President of Government Affairs, American Counsel of Life Insurers
- What Is Customer Experience? – Jon Cooper, CEO and Founder, Life.io
- Regulatory Update: What CEOs Need to Know About Compliance with Regulations from Annuity Suitability to Privacy – Pete Rock, CLU, FLMI, Currin Compliance
You can get more detailed information on the program HERE. We’d like to have every member society represented by at least one senior executive at this year’s Summit. It is the one and only place where fraternal executives can gather to discuss the issues most important to their societies and the fraternal community. This is the ONE meeting where lessons are learned, elected lawmakers are educated, and the work of the fraternal industry gets done. Fraternal CEOs should email email@example.com to receive their invitation link to register for the event. Don’t hesitate to contact me with questions about the event. I look forward to seeing executives from every member society there!
Fraternal leaders attending the 2018 Executive Summit enjoyed high-level education, networking and visits on Capitol Hill.