Thursday, November 9, 2017
11:00 am Central
Recent high profile data breaches such as those involving Equifax and Deloitte highlight the new and increasing threats that have been developing regarding cybersecurity. Fraternal benefit societies hold sensitive member information and are targets of hackers. This program will focus on steps fraternal benefit societies can to take to help manage cybersecurity risk.
The program will include discussion of:
- The current cybersecurity environment and new threats.
- Developments in the law regarding cybersecurity including heightened focus on information security, integrity and access.
- Key elements of an effective cybersecurity program.
- Mitigating liability and harm in the event of a breach.
- Key issues to consider regarding cyber liability insurance.
Todd Martin, Partner, Stinson Leonard Street, LLP
David Axtell, Partner, Stinson Leonard Street, LLP