Members’ comments on the Alliance’s Executive Summit…
April 10, 2017The Alliance held its Executive Summit – the annual gathering of member society CEOs and their selected top executive – in Chicago last week. This year, we revised the format for the meeting based on member feedback. We made it an “invitation-only” event and included more member-to-member networking and roundtable sessions, facilitated more conversation between members and featured speakers, and limited the number of sponsorships. Fifty-six executives, including 32 CEOS, from 39 of the Alliance’s 63 member societies participated in the event. Attendees represented a broad cross section of the membership, with large-, medium-, and small-sized societies represented. And based on the meeting evaluations, it looks like we hit on a winning formula. Here are a few comments we’d like to share with you...
- Networking opportunities. (Attendees valued these opportunities the most.)
- Keynote speakers addressing industry transformation needs. (Specifically mentioned most often.)
- Great choice of speakers and topics.
- Invitation-only format allows you to really engage with people.
- Roundtable discussion was excellent – do more of those!
- The roundtables allowed you to discuss strategic topics with colleagues from similar-sized societies.
- Fabulous music!
- Speaker topics were relevant and diverse.
- Good mix of time in sessions and time to network.
- Highly informative – “C” suite level topics and speakers.
- Really enjoyed the keynote speakers, but the roundtables were the most helpful feature of the meeting.
- The Alliance does a great job of maximizing the short amount of time we are together. Even the post-classroom time at this meeting provides an opportunity to learn.