All We Need is You…
The keynote speakers are briefed, the workshop leaders prepared, the Section meeting agendas confirmed, the community service project organized, the special events nailed down. All we need to make the 2010 NFCA Annual Meeting a success is you. The NFCA staff is particularly excited about this year’s meeting because it’s being held right here in Chicago, our home town. We’re looking forward to welcoming you to “the city that works” and will do everything we can to make this year’s meeting exceed your expectations. Here are a few things to put on your “to do” list…
Thursday, September 9
- The meeting begins at 11:30 with welcoming remarks from none other than Da’ Mayor – Richard M. Daley. You’ll want to join us for the very special segment of the program.
- After that, you can grab your box lunch and explore the city or, better yet, hope on a bus and lend a hand as NFCA restores two Chicago-area St. Vincent DePaul thrift stores for our annual community service project.
- When you return, you can kick off your evening at the welcoming reception sponsored by four of NFCA’s Polish-based societies. Don’t forget to stop by the vodka tasting station!
Friday, September 10
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast and some meaty conversation at one of several Section meetings.
- Follow that up with a general session that features presentations from Mara Vanderslice, deputy director of the White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships and our keynote speaker, Peter Sheahan, author of the best-selling business book, Fl!p.
- Learn how your society can help children of military families attend summer camp in 2011 with a presentation by Joyce Raezer of the National Military Family Association.
- Spend the afternoon soaking up information at one of several Workshops.
- Spend your evening with the “South Side Hit Men” and enjoy transportation to and from the park, special private seating for our group in the Fan Deck, and a fantastic variety of food and beverages to enjoy while watching the White Sox baseball game. There are still a few tickets available, so stop by the NFCA Registration Desk, if you're interested in joining us.
Saturday, September 11
- Take a moment to remember the 9/11 tragedy by participating in a memorial service with your peers and colleagues.
- Start your engines by joining our sponsors for coffee and pastries and learn more about the products and services that can help your society grow.
- Catch one more Workshop before heading to the general session.
- Listen to Mike Dunn teach you the tricks of being your own best advocate at the General Session.
- Cast your vote for change as members consider a new name for NFCA: the American Fraternal Alliance.
- Enjoy a beautiful fall afternoon in the Windy City by taking one of our terrific tours or just strolling down Michigan Avenue.
- Celebrate the installation of your new officers and directors with legendary comedian Tom Dreesen and an evening of dancing to classic tunes by Frank, Dino and Sammy at the “Rat Pack”-themed closing banquet.
And don’t forget, if you need a tip on restaurants or activities from a local, just ask one of the staff! See you in Chicago!