Top 10 Most Annoying Things About Airline Travel...
September 28, 2015It's fall meeting season and I've been on the road quite a bit the last few weeks, with another solid month of back-to-back-to-back trips on the schedule. Don't get me wrong, I love to attend Alliance member meetings and industry conferences. But the getting there can sometimes be...difficult. So for what it's worth, here is my Top 10 list of annoyances when it comes to airline travel:
- No matter how many million miles I fly, I still can't seem to qualify for the #1 boarding category on United Airlines.
- And being in the #2 group is no great shakes since everyone on the planet now seems to be in that category, forcing you to get in the boarding line an hour before departure time in order to have a shot at finding overhead space for your bag in the same zip code as your seat.
- Airline gate agents that tell you the flight is on time despite the fact that the airline's own flight tracking system indicates that your plane is still somewhere over the North Atlantic.
- People in boarding group #2 who are seated in row 22 but place their bags in the overhead space above row 7 -- or wherever I happen to be sitting.
- People in group #4 who, despite being told there is no overhead space left, insist on bringing their carry-on bags aboard and then dragging them all the way back to the front of the plane to check them, forcing us to miss our take off time.
- People who request a window seat -- and then close the shade. What's the point?
- Middle seats. Not just a bad idea, they should be illegal.
- People who sit in the departure lounge for 90 minutes but wait until they board and sit next to you before opening that tuna sandwich they bought 3 hours ago.
- People who stand on the left side of moving walkways. It's a rule: stand right and walk left!
- People...just in general...